Monday, March 24, 2014

In a Stranger's Arms

Well, I finally did it.  "In a Stranger's Arms," my first erotica short story is out there.  I submitted it to Smashwords and also to KDP (Amazon).  I figure this will cover my bases as far as getting the most exposure.  With Smashwords, the process of submission was very fast.  After I'd put all of the information up, it was only a matter of minutes before my ebook was up and ready for downloads.  With Amazon, it looks like it's going to take a little longer.  On my author dashboard on Amazon, it says that it is "In Review" and will probably be up within 12 hours.

When I submitted to Amazon, I mostly used the same document as I'd prepared for Smashwords.  I changed my copyright notice and removed the references to my Smashwords profile page and interview, because I didn't know whether it was kosher to direct Amazon customers there.  Aside from that, things really were mostly the same, and it certainly wasn't much extra work to upload it in two places.  Going forward, I will be very interested to see how my story performs on Amazon and Smashwords.

I'm happy and proud to have my work online and available (and a little nervous too, if I'm being completely honest).  But it's a good feeling to have something that I've worked on actually be in a place where people can purchase and enjoy it.

I'm not planning on resting on my laurels, though.  I have complete drafts of two more stories at the moment, and I'm just planning on writing more!

If you'd like to purchase my book, it's up at Smashwords right now.  It's not up on on Amazon yet, but when it is, I'll post the link there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment