Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Results from One on One Free Days

So, last week I ran a special on "One on One" at Amazon.  It was free on Wednesday and Thursday.  I wanted to see what offering free days through KDP Select would do for my sales.  I'd heard some people say that free days are a great way to increase your visibility and get your name out there.

On Wednesday, "One on One" moved a little over 230 copies, which I thought was pretty cool.  But what really blew me away was what happened on Thursday, when over 1300 copies were downloaded.  It was very gratifying to watch "One on One" climbing the charts at Amazon, and it finally made it up to the #2 spot in free Urban Erotica.  Even though I didn't make any money off of those "sales," it was still definitely cool to think about 1500 people having access to my work.

It's a little too early to say what the permanent fallout from this special is, but I did definitely see a spike in sales immediately after listing the story for free.  Most of these were for "One on One," but I have seen sales for other stories as well.  Of course, it's hard to say whether those sales were directly caused by the free listing.

I've scheduled the remainder of my free days, and I'll be very interested to see what happens next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment